air-Q® sp (Self-Pressurizing) Masked Laryngeal Airways Disposable
Box of 10
The Only Self-Pressurizing Mask Cuff!
Takes the Guesswork out of Mask Cuff Inflation With:
- No inflation line necessary,
- Eliminates the extra step of inflating the mask cuff and
- Eliminates mask cuff over inflation.
It eliminates the extra step and guesswork for mask cuff inflation and the potential for over-inflation.
With the new Self-Pressurizing air-Q® sp, Disposable, Masked Laryngeal Airways, there is no need to inflate the mask; it self-pressurizes to the proper inflation pressure automatically during Positive Pressure Ventilation.
The increase in cuff seal pressure occurs at the exact time you need it, during the upstroke of ventilation. On exhalation, the cuff decompresses to the level of the PEEP.
The intra-cuff pressure cycles between the Peak Airway Pressure usually 15 – 30 cm H2O and the level of PEEP < 10 cm H2O. Seal Pressure on exhalation averages 17 – 20 cm H2O.
The result is a safer, efficient, low-pressure seal during the majority of the case. The cyclical lowering in intra-cuff pressure may assist in diminishing complications such as:
– Mucosal and nerve trauma that result from over-inflating traditional peripheral laryngeal mask cuffs.
It also allows for intubation like the regular air-Q®.
The SP version can be used as an “everyday” airway that facilitates intubation.
Options Available (please select from the drop down menu options provided):
- 1.0 (< 7 kg) – Blue,
- 1.5 (7 – 17 kg) – Green,
- 2.0 (17 – 30 kg) – Orange,
- 2.5 (30 – 50 kg) – Yellow,
- 3.5 (50 -70 kg) – Red and
- 4.5 (70 – 100 kg) – Purple.
Also avaiable in the Disposable air-Q range is the:
- Disposable Standard air-Q (1.0 – 4.5),
- Disposable Blockers (2.5, 3.5 & 4.5) &
- The NEW sp/Blocker (2.5, 3.5 & 4.5).
Also avaiable is the Reusable air-Q range in the:
- Standard air-Q (0.5 – 4.5) &
- air-Qsp (Self-Pressurizing – 0.5 – 4.5)