MEDUMAT Standard² Ventilator
The Right Ventilation Mode in an Emergency
MEDUMAT Standard2 offers a completely new view of modern emergency and transport ventilation. It is your reliable partner during an emergency response – for the ground emergency medical service, the air rescue service, and in the military medical corps. The intuitive emergency ventilator offers maximum safety for the patient and the user thanks to numerous features.
The display provides a clear, well-structured overview of all major respiratory parameters and optional ventilation curves. The familiar operation, e.g., for patient selection, makes intuitive use possible and the initiation of ventilation via entry of the patient‘s height ensures a simple and guideline-compliant start to ventilation treatment. Clearly organized operating elements and symbols, plus effective acoustic and visual alarms are additional details that ensure the highest level of safety.
The MEDUMAT Standard² has different modes and options for invasive and non-invasive ventilation (NIV).
The MEDUMAT Standard2 Ventilator’s many features & benefits include:
- Specific mode for resuscitation (CPR) with the innovative CCSV (Chest Compression Synchronized Ventilation) ventilation mode
- Supports induction of anesthetic with the RSI mode
- Flow measurement and CO2 measurement for improved monitoring
- Individually configurable with functions that can be optionally activated
- Can be combined with a defibrillator on a portable system
- Low weight of just 2.5 kg
- Battery run-time of up to 10 hours
- Digital documentation via Bluetooth® data transmission
- Optimal display layout – For a perfect view on measurements and settings
- Accessories connection – For MEDUtrigger and FlowCheck sensor connection line
- Connection for measuring tube system – For pressure and CO₂ measurement as well as PEEP management
- Hygiene Filter to protect the device, and therefore the patient and user, against contamination from viruses and bacteria
- Lithium-Ion removable rechargeable battery for practical exchangeable battery with its own status display. Operating time: up to 10 hrs (depending on the device and options), charging time (0% – 95%): 3.5 hrs.
- SD Card for transmission of device configurations, software updates, session data and log files
- User-Friendly navigation knobs – Rapidly-operated navigation buttons are simple and quick to use
- Front connection for patient circuit
This is How MEDUMAT Standard² can Support You during Resuscitation
A particularly important aspect when the patient needs to be resuscitated is that the CPR mode guides the responder safely through cardiopulmonary resuscitation in line with the guidelines.
The CPR mode can be activated easily by pressing the CPR button on the device. The mechanical breaths can then be administered manually to the patient in a controlled manner by pressing the MEDUtrigger button. The MEDUtrigger is attached to the mask so that it can be operated while the mask is being held using the C grip technique. Once the airway has been secured, the ventilator can be switched to continuous ventilation with two touches of the button.
MEDUMAT Standard² therefore covers all of the necessary steps for resuscitation. You won’t need any other devices for effective ventilation.
Synchronizing Lungs and Heart during CPR
CCSV (Chest Compression Synchronized Ventilation) is the new ventilation mode specifically for resuscitation from WEINMANN Emergency.
In CCSV mode, a mechanical breath is initiated in sync with each chest compression. This means no gas volume escapes from the lungs and the pressure in the lungs provides support during the chest compression.
A frequency tachometer helps the user to maintain an optimum compression frequency. An advantage of CCSV is that the ventilation mode can be used with mechanical chest compression devices.
CCSV can be optionally activated in the MEDUMAT Standard².
Non-Invasive Therapy (NIV)
Sedation and intubation always carry risks for the patient. In the event of some indications, such as cardiac pulmonary edema or exacerbated COPD, intubation may not be necessary.
Non-invasive CPAP therapy via a mask offers many advantages. A prerequisite is that the patient is awake and breathing spontaneously. A particularly important aspect in emergency medicine is that CPAP therapy can be initiated immediately by EMS field providers.
Continuous positive airway pressure ensures improved gas exchange in the lungs when the patient is breathing spontaneously. The increased pressure can cause the oxygen from the alveoli of the lungs to diffuse more into the blood and the carbon dioxide to diffuse into the alveoli. The PEEP (positive end-expiratory pressure) also ensures that the alveoli do not collapse at the end of the exhalation phase.
No other devices or accessories are required to perform CPAP therapy or oxygen inhalation with the MEDUMAT Standard². The CPAP mode is already integrated in the device and the CPAP + ASB mode is available as an option.
ASB stands for assisted spontaneous breathing. The ASB function is used for pressure support of insufficient or exhausted spontaneous respiration. The patient can breathe spontaneously without restriction, but their breathing is supported by the ventilator. The CPAP + ASB mode combines the operating principles of CPAP and ASB. This means ventilation can be individually tailored to the patient using the inspiratory and expiratory triggers.
Supports You with the Induction of Anesthesia
Rapid Sequence Induction, a shortened form of anesthesia induction, is an important application in emergency ventilation. It is used if the patient needs to be intubated particularly quickly. The RSI mode of MEDUMAT Standard² has the right function for every step of the treatment.
As soon as RSI mode has been selected, the ventilator switches to the Demand function for patient pre-oxygenation. Once intubation is complete, you can switch to the manual mode by selecting Manual. You can now manually initiate mechanical breaths using the MEDUtrigger. The airway passage can be monitored at the same time using CO2 monitoring. Once the airway has been secured, switch to continuous ventilation (IPPV or BiLevel + ASB) by pressing the button.
This gives you direct access to the ventilator functions you need for each treatment step and allows you to ventilate the patient as much as necessary.
With the Simulation Software
Integrated Ventilation Modes:
Optional Modes and Functions:
- CCSV (Chest Compression Synchronized Ventilation)
- Flow measurement + ASB
- Curve display (Prerequisite: Flow measurement + ASB option is activated)
- Pressure control ventilation modes
With this option, the following pressure control ventilation modes can also be used:
PCV, aPCV, BiLevel + ASB, PRVC + ASB
- Bluetooth® data transmission
- NVG (Night Vision Goggles): Exclusively available for military medical corps
Length: 13.7 cm
Width: 20.6 cm
Height: 13.0 cm
Weight: 2.5 kg (approx including accessories)
Attention Customers: If you require this product urgently please contact us on 03 5284 0901 or email@example.com as this product may be made to order and waiting times can take up to 8 weeks.