NEANN LBM (Long Board Mattress)
The new Neann Long Board Mattress is a device designed for use with either the flat or curved Long Spine Boards as well as the Vacuum Mattress.
The LBM provides multiple advantages over other board padding systems including the following advantages:
- Padding a Board significantly improves comfort for the patient for periods in excess of 1 hour compared to an unpadded Long Board,
- Reduces potential for the development of pressure sores by spreading pressure points over a greater area,
- Provides insulation for the patient to help prevent hypothermia,
- Designed to slide easily on and off the Long Board to allow the person to be correctly centred on the Long Board or Vacuum Mattress for immobilisation,
- Significantly eases the removal of the patient off the Long Board either longitudinally or laterally,
- Pull handles to ease movement of the LBM on and off the Long Board,
- Provides lumber support therefore reducing the need for towel or air splint to pad the lumber spine,
- Velcro attachments and the head and foot straps to allow the pad to secure to the Long Board for storage and transport,
- Velcro pad at the head end for the attachment of occipital pads and
- Specialised outer material repels water for easy cleaning.
Please Note: Head and Foot straps must be released before applying LBM to patient otherwise repositioning and removal of LBM is not possible.