NEANN LSB (Long Spine Board)
Designed and made in Australia, the new NEANN LSB comes after extensive field testing which shows this new board has many significant advantages over other curved boards on the market in almost every aspect.
New features are many, but include additional length (1830 mm for the standard version), removal of all metal components, uniquely modified 25° curve for better patient comfort, improved handhold comfort and positions, updated attachment points for straps, ability for the board to properly be secured to the ambulance stretcher. It is without doubt one of the most versatile devices on an Ambulance, able to be used as a pat-slid, lifting frame, pelvic or extremity splint, patient protection, full spine immobiliser, an extrication device in areas of vehicle, height and other rescue situations.
The adoption of the speed clip straps makes the process of immobilisation to the board a rapid process (less than 3 minutes).
The NEANN LSB is now the standard Board for many organisations including the AFL, Victorian State Emergency Service, Ambulance Victoria, Tasmanian Fire Service, Ambulance Service Of NSW, ACT Ambulance Service, Victoria’s Metropolitan Ambulance Service and the Western Australian Fire & Emergency Services.
Materials Used In Board Construction:
- Internal polyurethane resin injected strengthening stabiliser plate and
- External fibreglass.
Weight Of The Board:
- 8 kgs
Maximum Working Load Of The Board For Rescuer Safety:
- 160 kgs – above 160 kgs, the size of the patient becomes excessive for the width of the Board with access to many of the handholds too limited.
Maximum Safe Working Load:
- 350 kgs utilising 10 handles. OH & S requires that each Rescuer only lifts 35 kg each thus requiring 10 handles (10 Rescuers) to be used.
- Length …. 1818 mm
- Width ….. 404 mm
- Height …. 70 mm
NOTE: Before use, persons using the NEANN Long Spine Board must undertake a proper training program.
The NEANN Long Spine Board is now in use and the preferred device in the following Australian Emergency Services:
- Ambulance Victoria,
- Ambulance Service Of N.S.W.,
- A.C.T. Ambulance Service,
- Western Australian Fire & Emergency Services,
- Tasmanian Fire Service and
- Victorian State Emergency Service.