NEANN NIEJ (Immobilisation & Extrication Jacket)
– Chin Strap
The NEANN Immobilisation & Extrication Jacket (NIEJ) is a cervical splint and extrication device which is the standard extrication jacket in the Queensland and NSW Ambulance Services replacing the aging and outdated KED.
The NEANN NIEJ has a range of accessories and spare parts including the Chin Strap.
Features of the Chin Strap are:
- More secure than foam straps,
- Straps applied in order of traffic lights,
- Straps applied from top to bottom,
- Crackling velcro during patient movement warns of straps moving and
- Easier to tighten with newly designed ‘Pull Forward’ strapping system.